Saturday, January 22, 2011

Learning Goals for January 24th to the 28th!

Math:
Double-digit subtraction and addition
Telling time to the 1/2 hour
Ordering numbers least to greatest and greatest to least
Greater than, less than, equal to
Writing and identifying numbers 101-150
Missing addends


Phonograms: ey, wr, kn, gn, igh, ph, ew, ui, oa, oe


Spelling: We are differentiating our spelling groups starting this week to better meet the needs of all students. Please see their homework to find out your child's spelling words. We will no longer be doing a  practice phonogram test or spelling test. 


Reading:
    White Socks Only - Text to World connections
    The Other Side- Text to World Connections
    Silent Final "e"- makes the vowel say its name.
    
Writing: 
Let's Talk About Race
        The Story of Me
         What are dreams?
          My favorite dreamer
          The Dreamer's Pledge
Journals - Focus and creating complete sentences.
          
History:
The Earliest People- The Mayans and the Rainforest
Mayan Math
Compare and Contrast between Ancient Egypt and the Mayans
Where did the Mayans go?
Aztecs in Mexico City
Everyday Life (Compare and Contrast to our lives)
Aztec Society and Warriors


Science:
The Solar System
The Sun
The Phases of the Moon 
The 9 Planets - Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Pluto. 

2 comments:

  1. I can't see the light yellow, I must be blind? I had to copy paste it to Microsoft word and change it to black. Can you make it darker color for me? I'm getting old or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry I can change it... oops! You are not old. Sorry I didn't see your comment before then:)

    ReplyDelete