Tuesday, August 23, 2011

First Day of School!

We had a very successful first day of school!

We talked about classroom rules and procedures for the majority of the day.

We also talked about and practiced fire drills and the importance of practicing fire drills. In addition, we talked about germs and proper handwashing. They also signed a "contract" at school promising that they would "never pick their nose!"

For reader's workshop, we read a book by Kevin Henkes and talked about being kind. We also did some acting and your kiddos loved it! We also talked about times that we have been kind. Here are some of the ways your kiddos said they were kind:

"Someone tripped at recess and I went and helped him up."

"I was kind by asking someone to play with me."

"I helped my mom carry in the groceries."

For writer's workshop, we illustrated and wrote two pages for our All About Me books.

The day went by way too fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment