Friday, September 16, 2011

The Utah State Fair!

I would like to thank the wonderful parent drivers for helping us have successful field work at the State Fair this past Thursday! The kiddos truly enjoyed themselves and it is exciting to see their faces light up with joy! I know they learned a many new things as well as reinforced some of the things they have already learned in class. 


Some follow up questions you could ask your child are...

   What are some of the different types of agriculture you saw at the fair?

   What animal did you become an expert on? What does your animal consume? What does it produce?

   How do farmers earn money? 

   What kinds of jobs do people on the farm have?


Here are some of what your kiddos said about the fair...


   "I loved the baby pigs, they were so cute!"

   "My favorite part was when the cow pooped.

   "I liked the furry bunnies the best."

   "I liked the little hands on the farm exhibit."

   "I went speedy fast on the tractors."


Once again it wouldn't have been as successful without all of you who participated! 


Some reminders... we will be having a school get together this Friday, September 23rd. Please look for your child's homework for more information.





No comments:

Post a Comment