Friday, September 10, 2010

First Day!

What a great way to start the year! Thank you for all of the donated supplies! I am grateful for all of the wonderful donations. You guys are great!

As we get this school year underway, I want you to know that if you have any questions, concerns or comments to email me or stop by after school.

I want to give you a heads up that math and/or language arts homework will probably not come home every night. My focus this year is going to be on reading, learning sight words and spelling, with having optional homework that students can choose to complete if they would like or have time. Homework will be due on Fridays. The due date will be written up on top. Every Friday your child will turn in their green homework folder with homework and make up work (if applicable). When you see the homework for the first time it will make more sense, I promise. A parent signature will be required at the top, in order for it to count. Homework will start the week of September 20th.

Daily schedule:

8:30 Adventures in Language
9:00 Math
9:55 Snack/Recess
10:15 Spalding
10:45 Specials
11:15 Language Arts/ Reading Groups
12:15 Lunch/Recess
12:45 Writing
1:15 History or Science
1:45-2:00 Recess
2:00-2:45 History or Science
2:45 Wrap up (Eventually Froggy and Ringo time)
3:00 Dismissal

I am going to thank you ahead of time for being patient and flexible. My plan is to try some new things and if they aren't working we will change it.

Please keep in touch...

Question of the day: Ask your child what a blue ticket is?

No comments:

Post a Comment